Safeguarding in Sport Continuous Improvement Program
Sport is part of the fabric of our communities.
We participate in sport in our schools, we gather on weekends to watch our children, friends and family participate and we gather again in large groups or at home and watch our favourite athletes compete.
All Australians should feel safe to participate in sport at any level and it is why Sport Integrity Australia has developed the Safeguarding in Sport Continuous Improvement Program.
The Program provides sports with education, training and ongoing support so they can offer a safe and inclusive environment to all members, including children.
What is the Safeguarding in Sport Continuous Improvement Program?
The Safeguarding in Sport Continuous Improvement Program is a nationwide and structured approach for ensuring children and members are protected from abuse and discrimination in sport.
It has been developed by Sport Integrity Australia with the support of the National Office for Child Safety and informed through consultations with national sporting organisations and national sporting organisations for people with disability, and state and territory departments of sport and recreation. It is complementary to the National Integrity Framework and provides a nationally consistent approach to child safeguarding and member protection across national, state and club level.
At its core, the program aims to embed a culture of child safety and member protection across all levels of sport in Australia. The objectives are to:
- Build the capacity and capability of Australian sporting organisations to keep children and members safe.
- Lead a cultural shift that prioritises the safety of children and members, by empowering every level of sport.
- Enhance organisational capability to respond to child abuse threats.
- Bolster community confidence that sports are safe for children and members.
- Enable sports to demonstrate their commitment to child safeguarding and member protection.
How do sports get involved?
Participation is voluntary.
The Safeguarding in Sport Continuous Improvement Program is open to any National Sporting Organisation (NSO) or National Sporting Organisation for People with Disability (NSOD) that is currently recognised by the Australian Sports Commission.
Find out more about the Safeguarding in Sport Continuous Improvement Program by emailing: email@example.com
What are the benefits?
There are many benefits to signing up to the Safeguarding in Sport Continuous Improvement Program:
- Leveraging expert resources, education and supporting materials from Sport Integrity Australia.
- Ensuring the ongoing safety and wellbeing of children and members.
- Meeting community and member expectations.
- Receiving support and guidance from Sport Integrity Australia along the national sporting organisations or national sporting organisation for people with disability’s safeguarding journey.
- Preparation for current and future compliance obligations.
- Instilling a culture that prioritises the safety of children and members, by empowering every level of the sport.
Steps to making the program happen
To implement the Safeguarding in Sport Continuous Improvement Program across the Recognise, Achieve and Embed phases, Sport Integrity Australia will work in partnership with sports every step of the way.
Take the lead and find out more
Safeguarding your members is everyone’s business.
Take the lead and find out more about the Safeguarding in Sport Continuous Improvement Program, by contacting us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org