ADAMS hints and tips for Athlete Whereabouts
Updating your whereabouts information on the World Anti-Doping Agency’s Administration and Management System (ADAMS).
Accessing ADAMS: guides and support
When you are placed on the Registered Testing Pool, we will give you an ADAMS username and password.
You will need to change your password on the first login.
Your username and password are unique and for your personal use. Keep it secure.
ADAMS user guides
Whereabouts Quick Reference Card
For any whereabouts help contact Sport Integrity Australia’s Athlete Services team on:
- email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- calling 13 000 27232 or +61 2 6222 4200 (if calling from overseas).
For technical support contact the ADAMS Helpdesk (based in Canada)
Phone: +1 514 904 8800
SMS last minute whereabouts changes: +44 7781 480710
(They will appear on your calendar as an attachment.)
How to use ADAMS to complete your whereabouts
Once logged in, click on the ‘My Whereabouts’ on your login home screen or click on ‘Whereabouts’ item in the left menu.
- Follow the prompts on the ‘Whereabouts Guide’ page. Ensure all items of your Whereabouts are logged in. Your Whereabouts will show a GREEN TICK once all is compliant.
- The ADAMS system is based in North-American. The address information uses the term CITY where in Australia we use SUBURB. When entering your SUBURB, place it where it asks for CITY.
- To amend an address entry, such as adding a new title or adding a room number for a hotel when known, either click on the ADDRESS BOOK and amend your entry there, or click on an entry in your CALENDAR and amend.
- The test hour is the most important component of Whereabouts. It must be accurate and provide enough detail to allow doping control staff to find you with no prior notice. Make sure your test hour is in a location where you can hear the doorbell or door knock; no obstacles are in the way (dogs/security gates/inaccessible areas) and our Doping Control Officers can find you without difficulty. A missed test may be recorded against you if the Doping Control Officers can’t find you in the test hour at the location in the system.
- When ADAMS asks for REGULAR ACTIVITIES insert your training routine/s into the CALENDAR (for example: gym workout, swimming session).
- You can change your whereabouts information at any time online. Changes to your test hour entry can be made up to one minute prior to the test hour. If you cannot access the system to make the change, email or phone through changes to Sport Integrity Australia or ADAMS and details will be kept on your file.
- You must update ADAMS even when you are on holiday. You must have accurate whereabouts for every day of the year for both home and away.
- Update your mailing address, email and phone details if they change.
- Update the system if any competition or training details change during the quarter. Double-click on a day in your CALENDAR for a pop-up box to enter new details, or click on an existing entry to change details.
- Delete old entries in your ADDRESS BOOK if you think you no longer need them (details are retained in the CALENDAR). This makes it easier to find regularly used locations.
- You can use TRAVEL entries for legitimate long-distance or overseas travel. Travel entries are regularly audited and may be investigated as possible avoidance of testing if misused (see Anti-Doping Rule Violations – Rule 3).
- Important contact details (add these details to your phone for easy access):
- Sport Integrity Australia email: email@example.com
- Sport Integrity Australia phone: 13 000 27232 (and choose option 2) or +61 2 6222 4200 (if calling from overseas)
- ADAMS text: +44 7781 480710
Resolving IT issues with ADAMS
If you experience IT issues with ADAMS try the following solutions before calling for assistance.
ADAMS is currently supported on the following browsers:
- Firefox Version 3.6+
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 8+
To verify which version you are running, click ‘Help’ or ‘About’ from the browser's main menu bar.
The Safari browser on Apple Mac platforms is not officially supported. Most of the issues for Safari Version 5 have been resolved. If you have any technical problems while using ADAMS on an Apple Mac computer, email us or your International Federation, including the details of the problem, with screen shots if possible.
Free versions of the supported browsers are available at:
Clear your Browser Cache
If you used an earlier version of ADAMS, your cache might contain information that will conflict with a more recent version. Clear your cache before you use a new version of ADAMS.
Steps for clearing your cache:
- For Internet Explorer, select Internet Options from the Tools menu. Depending on the IE version you are using, click the Delete then the Delete File button in the Temporary Internet Files section of the General tab. Check the Delete all offline content checkbox and click OK to clear your cache.
- If you are using Firefox, select Clear Private Data or Clear Recent History from the Tools menu. Make sure the Cache checkbox is selected; the other checkboxes can be blank. Then click the Clear Private Data Now or OK button.
Read wikihow for more help to clear your cache for your specific browser
The pop-up blocker may prevent some screens from appearing.
- In the Internet Explorer Tools menu, select Pop-up Blocker Settings and add ‘adams.wada-ama.org’ to your Allowed sites list.
- If you are using Firefox, select Options from the Tools menu. In the Content tab, click the first Exceptions button and add ‘adams.wada-ama.org’ to your Allowed Sites list.
ADAMS includes a detector on the login page that will warn you if a pop-up blocker is enabled. It will tell you that ADAMS requires the use of pop-ups to work properly.
Make sure that your screen resolution is set to 1024x768 pixels for optimum performance. This can be set in Display Properties within Control Panel in a Windows operating environment.
Using a Bookmark
If you can’t log into ADAMS, it may be because your bookmark for ADAMS is not correct. For access to the Production system, ensure that your bookmark is set to https://adams.wada-ama.org. The ‘s’ suffix in https must be present. Remove any extra characters following the URL.
To verify the URL:
- If you are using Internet Explorer, click the Favourites button to display your bookmarks on the left-hand side of the screen. Right-click the ADAMS bookmark, and select Properties. Ensure that the URL displayed exactly matches the one shown above.
- If you are using Firefox, select Sidebar from the View menu, then select Bookmarks to display your bookmarks on the left-hand side of the screen. Right-click the ADAMS bookmark, and select Properties. Ensure that the URL displayed exactly matches the one shown above.