How we came to be
We were created as a direct result of the Government Response to the Wood Review - Australia’s Sports Integrity Arrangements and Safeguarding the Integrity of Sport.
The Wood Review
The Report of the Review of Australia’s Sports Integrity Arrangements (Wood Review) was presented to the Australian Government in March 2018. In line with its terms of reference, the Review examined key Australian and international threats to the integrity of sport.
It made 52 recommendations across five key themes:
- A stronger response to match-fixing
- Regulation of sports wagering
- Enhancing Australia’s anti-doping capability
- The development of a National Sports Tribunal
- The development of a National Sports Integrity Commission
Government response to the Wood Review
The Safeguarding the Integrity of Sport—the Government Response to the Wood Review was released on 12 February 2019.
The Government supports the recommendations of the Wood Review. This means Australians can be confident that their sports will continue to be clean, fair, safe and inclusive.