Benefits and conditions for our staff
We recognise the value of our employees. We offer a variety of benefits and provide a safe and flexible working environment.
We adhere to the Australian Public Service Values and Code of Conduct. To find out more about these, go to the Australian Public Service Commission website.
You can find the details of our employment conditions in the Enterprise Agreement.
We support flexible work arrangements.
- Access to flextime for APS1-6 staff.
- Time-in-lieu for EL staff.
- Flexibility for staff with family responsibilities, including carer's leave.
- Negotiable part-time working hours.
Up to an extra 4 weeks of purchased leave in any 12 month period.
Our employees are encouraged to maintain good health and active lifestyles. To support this, we provide:
- The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which provides access to counselling services to help with work or personal issues.
- Influenza vaccinations for all interested staff.
Diversity and equality
We follow diversity principles. We value and make use of the skills of people with different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We respect the rights of all people.
As part of this, we have the following:
- Reconciliation Action Plan
- Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace
Learning and development
Our employees are encouraged to develop new skills and experience. We provide staff with support, opportunities and assistance to do so.
We offer the following:
- mentoring and coaching
- attendance at workshops and conferences
- targeted training programs
- accredited courses
- individual development plans that focus on capability needs
- study assistance.